New items from Ayumi Hamasaki, Mika Nakashima & Ai Otsuka
Posted by redracer on August 2, 2007
A new single from Ayumi, a live DVD from Mika and several new items from Ai will all be eagerly looked forward to by their fans …
After a year’s break between the singles ‘Bluebird’ & ‘Glitter’, Ayumi Hamasaki is now starting to pump out the singles again !!! Due out on the 19th September is her 42nd single – as yet untitled. Of course there will be a CD + a CD/DVD version.
The next week, on the 26th, Ai Otsuka will release no less than 5 new items …
- DVDx2 – ‘Ai am BEST Tour 2007’ (Special Edition) – from the concert at Tokyo International Forum Hall A on 9th of July 2007. Contains a bonus disc with backstage footage and more, as well as a 40 page photo booklet.
- DVD – ‘Ai am BEST Tour 2007’ (Regular Edition) – as above but just the single concert disc.
- CD+DVD – ‘Love Piece’ – this is her 4th studio album, and follows the ‘Love xxx’ theme with the title. Contains the 6 singles not on the ‘Ai am Best’ release, as well as some new songs. The case will be a randomly selected colour, and there will also be a photo booklet.
- CD – ‘Love Piece’ – as above, but the CD only.
- CD – ‘Ai am Best’ – this is a CD-only version of the same titled ‘Greatest Hits’ release from March 28 which contained all the singles up to 2006 and also included a DVD of all the song’s PV’s, a name stamp & other goodies etc.
I have been lazy and still not reviewed ‘Ai am Best’ yet – whilst she is not my biggest favourite singer, and her voice does grate on my ears sometimes, I do admire her for her songwriting and instrument playing skills.
Coming after the next single ‘Life’ and the documentary/compilation DVD ‘Lotus VI’ on the 22nd August, Mika Nakashima has already planned for another single to follow closely called ‘Eien no Uta’ (eternal song) to be released on the 3rd of October. She will also release a live concert DVD on the 7th November – it is titled ‘Mika Nakashima Concert Tour 2007 Yes My Joy’, and was taken at her 30th July 2007 tour finale at the Tokyo International Forum. Even though I love her music, somehow I am not sure how good her live concerts would be … of course the songs would be great, but I don’t think she would ‘do much’ other than just sing ???