Cricket’s wacky World Cup news so far
Posted by redracer on March 20, 2007
This 4 yearly event is now underway in the West Indies, and we have already have some startling events …
- England’s captain Andrew Freddie Flintoff has been axed after a drinking binge AGAIN !!! What ? – does he still think he has something to celebrate after their Australian tour ?? Can’t have been the current state of affairs – so far they have been beaten by New Zealand, and unconvincingly beat Canada😆
- Pakistan are the first team to exit the competition having been beaten by lowly Zimbabwe and then Ireland. Unfortunately this put too much pressure on their coach, ex-England player Bob Woolmer who died (probably from stress) a short time later😦
- the previously mentioned Irish win over Pakistan (a 1 run win on St Patricks day no less!!!) comes after a tie with Bangladesh. Should mention that Ireland have several Aussies in their lineup🙄
- India are beaten by Bangladesh.
- Sri Lanka created the 2nd largest ever winning margin of 243 over Bermuda.
- 3 of the 4 second round gaes were won by just 1 run !!!
So far, Australia have beaten Scotland and had a huge win over the Netherlands in the 3rd largest ever winning margin of 229, with a world record 4th wicket partnership of 204 between Michael Clarke and Brad Hodge🙂 The Netherlands were also thumped by the South Africa by 221 runs – why are these clowns included in the competition❓